2023 Takuma Carbon Masts now available at Big Winds

Is the system that expands the fuse to tighten the connection between the front wing and fuse not effective?

My front wings are very loose on the new fuse and just expanding the tip of the fuse is no good, a good fit of the widest part of the piece of the fuse that goes into the front wing is much more important.
I have 4 Kujira front wings the 1210 and 1440 have a similar fit so I taped the new fuse for these wings, but my 980 and 1095 are much tighter and I have to remove the tape and apply thinner tape for these wings…

I made a shim out of an aluminum can that wrapped 75% of the circumference of the gen1 fuse head. It eliminated all play and is removable. The tape never worked for me.

Totally unacceptable that this new design didn’t solve these issues. I was waiting to get one but I’m moving on.

Doesn’t seam to make much sense to buy an expensive, stiff mast that has a wobbly front wing connection. Takuma has dug themselves a hole because of the amont of variation in the front wings will never allow a fuse to fit most wings. There expending fuse is a effort in that direction, but ineffective

Cans work well. I have to use between 3 and 5 layers depending on the fuse and foil. Lame for expensive gear but effective.

I believe Takuma have a new connection system coming so no more wobbly front wing connection problems but unfortunately sounds like it’s not going to be compatible with the existing wings.

Is there a new connection between mast to fuse?

Yes, it shares the fuse & has the same connection as new HD Alloy. 2 x M8 bolts & larger conic base. It will fit both the HD Fuse for the Kujira1/Helium & the new Kujira II fuse.

so the three bolts masts will not be compatible?

I have heard rumours they will have an adapter to the Kujira II fuse… I think a standard 3-bolt mast version of the Kujira II fuse would be a good idea… I’m sure Stringfellow could make one if Takuma doesn’t…

As far as shimming, my solution is to foil tape the inside of the foil. That way each one can be made to fit just right without adjustment.

Also, has anyone retapped the aft two foil bolts for m8? I could imagine the better mast/fuse connection, two m8s and the m6 expander could work well?

Looks like Takuma dropped a whole new line with a ton of options and tails. Am I late to the party or did this just happen recently? Very curious how they compare to the originals. I’m still loving my 1095.

https://mailchi.mp/takuma/public_etow_reservenow-5407684?e=5cc52aba77

Chats here New Takuma Foils? - #14 by Frothfollower

Ah thank you for the heads up!!

1 Like

For existing Kujira alloy mast owners …the big spend on a new mast can wait a while .
really hoping Tk makes this

Where did you find this?

Who is still using a 3 bolt Al kujira mast and why do you hate yourself so much!

2 Likes

I know Stringy is working on a Takuma/NoLimitz to HD fuse adapter also… doesn’t look like the one shown above will work with NL though…

I wish I bought the stringy cedrus direct to takuma fuse that was for sale here a bit back.

Anyone riding the new mast? I’m getting tempted since it’ll be future compatible with the new stuff.

Just switched off mine. Used if for 1 1/2 years