Foiling with an Injury

@FoilGraham - that is exactly what I am experiencing. Started foundation yesterday. Hope it helps.

@Foilcpg - thanks for all the intel. That’s helpful. I saw a chiro for a bit. It helped but not enough to sustain the costs.

Helpful to know how others have approached this and that many have eventually got better. Patience is key I suppose. Staring at my new 1095 is not helping. :slight_smile:

I really like foundation training and have seen it move people to the next level as function improves.

Also, acupuncture works.

My mother-in-law is a medical doctor and an acupuncture doctor. She’s fixed a bunch of my surf issues over the years.

It’s a pretty simple mechanism, the needles go in, she heats them up, and it works like a very directed heat pack.

I was skeptical at first but then one acupuncture session on a pinchy rotator cuff did more for me overnight than months of physical therapy. If you’re around East LA I can recommend her.

1 Like

One month later, taking many of these tips to heart and what a difference! Foundation Training, some yoga classes, and hip openers after foiling sessions has really helped. Realizing it is all connected and not just my back, but legs and hips too, that needed some love. Thanks for all of your ideas guys. Back in the water a few days a week now and feeling like myself again.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing a very short vinyasa yoga routine (1-2 minutes total) every morning for almost 15 years now and it’s been fantastic. Keeps me limber and injury free and feeling good, highly recommend yoga.

To start I went to a yoga classes and then took a bunch of the moves I learned and made my own little routine that gets everything I want stretched effectively and on my own schedule.

Definitely worth adding to your life, just make sure to make it a habit and you will be feeling good in several months and on and on and on

1 Like

Did the same 2 discs lower back, spent thousands on every treatment, in the end just stopped foiling completely and let it heal naturally which it did, hard to do as I foil everyday but it was worth it and mine was super bad heavy drugs etc so listen to body and rest it try 3_4 weeks​:+1::ocean::blush::call_me_hand: