Recommended DW board bags?

Received a DW board I had made recently. 6’6 x 23" x 5". Wondered if anyone had any bags they recommend for travelling with these boards. Looked at probably doing some of the 3 board fish bags as they seem deep/wide enough, but thought I’d ask before I pulled the trigger. TIA.

I’ve been looking for a bag for my 6’6’’ x 25’’ x 5 9/16’’ 114.5L. Couldn’t find a decent one that fit well. Best options I thought of were: get a sup cover and get someone to cut it and stitch it to size, get a custom, get a poorly fitting bag.

Until I get a custom I just bought some toweling cut it to shape and stitched it into a sock to give basic protection.

With your board being a bit narrower than mine you have a good chance of finding a descent pre made bag.

I ended up with the ride engine v2 day strike foil 6’6 bag. A touch wide for my DW board ( which is 23" ), but otherwise fits the bill. Probably won’t fly with it, but itll work for staying in the back of my truck and garage, etc…

Besides the LF bags, any other options out there? I bought a surf day bag but the board has way too much extra room for my DW board.

I have been using one of these (as a day bag) and with the adjustable girth it fits my 20" wide x 7" thick dw board pretty well without being super sloppy. I’ve only travelled with surfboards and my wingboard, but it offers pretty good protection and is much lighter and less bulky than a coffin bag: surfboard coffin bag, surfboard coffins, double surfboard bag, triple surfboard bag, multi surfboard bag | Curve Surfboard Accessories - United States

1 Like

I just picked up a bag for my DW/Sup foil board and one for my mini DW wing board.

Roam 7’6 bag fit my Naish 7’5 x 25" just about perfectly. Board is not sloppy in it at all.

Octopus 6’6 WREBB bag for my 6’2 x 21.5" wing board. Fit is also really good considering the thickness of these boards. Only slight looseness with the fit of this one.

Both of these are the expandable up to 2 surfboards so they handle the thickness of my foil boards. really happy with the fits.

Here are the links to the bags I bought.

The prolite bags are great. Wide price range and features depending on what you want.

Thanks for the responses. I have two boards (6’3” x 18.25” and 7’6” x 17”) and the bag I got from the local surf shop fits but is pretty sloppy. I’m going to try to see what another local shop has before I start ordering a few online.

I just finished travels to MX. I bought a ProLite bag. It’s designed for two long surf boards but worked perfectly for my travels. I taped all foils/ masts and accessories on top of board. Stuffed items into day bag. Restuffed into travel bag with 3 wings surrounding my precious merch. A bit overweight at 60lbs but Alaska let it pass through. No damage in 16 days of travels south of

Uploading: 20240124_144229.jpg…Processing: 20240125_232500.jpg…

the border.

122ltr KT Dragonfly, 4 foils, 2 masts

1 Like

I just got a Prolite 3 board bag, fits my 6’7" x 20 DW

1 Like