Where to get a board bag?

I’ve got a 75L wing/sup kalama e3 and I want to get a bag that fits it. Anyone know a good place to order one?

Depends what you want. Travel bag, or just a daily protection bag? Mystic, Ion, Takoon, Dakine and Armstrong have some nice options. I prefer a wheeled bag for flying (Dakine or Takoon), but I also have a daybag from “Curve Surf” that is really solid for the price, although the sizing is a bit wonky.

I’ve heard great things about this brand: https://newfsurfboardnet.com. They are also a 1% for the planet company.

I have an MFC day bag, they are pretty durable.

Thanks y’all, I had ordered a custom one but they went dark. Before doing that I didn’t have luck looking around, but this time was better. I found a mystic that fits I think.

The bags at LFSupply are great. https://www.larryfoiler.com/

2 Likes

Prolite Timmy Reyes Smuggler Board Bag-6’6"-Maroon. I just traveled with a small prone foil board, a 5’ 75L wing board, a twintip kiteboard, and my foil all in this bag.

It won’t fit a shortboard AND wing board but I have traveled with a shortboard and small prone foil board and kiteboard

Reviving this thread. What is the best travel bag (not day bag) out there for boards under 5’? I basically want a well-padded surfboard coffin style bag, but those are all 6’+. Ideally something that can fit a couple of boards, or a board + foils and wings. I have seen the LFSupply bags, but Id like something a bit more padded if possible.

My brother has this in 5’4" and it’s a nice bag.

I highly recommend getting a bag with wheels. I just went on a trip with a small prone board, 2 masts and 3 front wings and it was super annoying carrying the bag.

Just got the Manera travel bag, its like $330 but its so good. 5’0 fits my 4’10 Appletree well. Regardless of what bag you buy, you should bubble wrap your boards to be safe in my opinion. Feel much more confident checking boards with this. And it could easily fit both my Apple and my Amos prone or another small wing board if I wanted to bring 2 boards

Ive got my eye on either the Dakine, Ion, Manera, or LF wheeled bags. Trying to figure out which has the best padding. Seems like high marks for the Ion and Manera, which is helpful.

Ive got a Takoon wheeled bag and the padding is just too minimal.

I think all these bags prioritized lightness more than safeness and none of them are padded enough. I will gladly take a heavier bag that feels safer to me but I dont think the manufacturers think that way. So I think regardless of the bag you’ll wanna pad your boards additionally. I remember the LF bags cost a ton to ship from Aus so that put it out of consideration for me. Actually one feature Manera is missing that Dakine has, is straps over the whole bag to tighten things down. Not as big a deal for a roller, but i had those on my Mystic travel bag that were very necessary.

1 Like

From what I can gather, all of these bags have padding ranging between 6-12mm, compared to a surfboard coffin which has 20-25mm. I really wish there was something in that range of padding (at least on the nose/tail/rails). The other thing is that boards range wildly in size (particularly width), so a lot of the wing and foil board bags are overly wide (some are like 30"), which just creates a ton of bulk and causes the contents to shift around. If they are going to do that, I also agree that they need the outer straps to cinch everything together. I added these to my last bag and they also work well as hauling handles or even car rack tie downs (I used heavy duty cam straps).

+1 for LF supply bags I have two super nice quality and made by a foiler for foilers :call_me_hand:t3:

I have a brand new 6.1 Mystic travel bag (Star Wingfoil Boardbag), if anyone’s interested

PSA - Live2kite in CA stocks LFSupply bags, so you can avoid shipping from OZ. I also confirmed that the LF ultimate bag has 20mm padding, which is better than any other foil bags I found and is about the same as surf coffin bags (which were longer than I wanted). I ordered the LF bag but haven’t gotten it yet - only downside I see is that it doesn’t have external cinch straps, but I will probably fashion some like I did on the bag that I’m retiring.

Second best option I found in terms of padding was Dakine (12mm). Manera, Prolimit and Ride Engine were all about 8mm.

Wish I knew that earlier, I dont see them on their website though

They aren’t on the site (seems like a pretty low key operation), but I called and they have them. I think it was $300 or so for the wheeled bag shipped.

I was about to ask if any bodies seen a foil sock for prone but I found a few solutions here.