Axis Spitfire vs Code S

Code 1300 is my current top choice based on:

Size - Currently riding axis 1150 for dw, 1300 seems like a good next size/for bigger conditions

AR - Since surfing is secondary for me, better pump and glide makes sense. One of the reasons I started looking outside of axis was the gap between spitfire and art pro.

Build - The fuse connection looks really solid and the top of the mast is quite beefy which i’m guessing means stiff.

Availability - Against all odds we have a dealer in Canada, hopefully pricing is in the realm of uni/axis

Content - Code put out a video of a lady learning downwind on the 1300 and 1130. She’s lighter than me but it was still good to see. Also, James’ full break down of the 1300 was intriguing.

Feedback - Lots of positive feedback. Everyone is going to say their new foil is sick but i haven’t seen anything negative yet.

@Hdip I’ll be foiling on Lake Superior mostly, hopefully make it to Maui or Hood River soon. And I can paddle up the 1150. I wouldn’t be ready to dw the 1300 yet but it would be great for surfing our small lake waves.

3 Likes

Ah, perfect. Message this guy and ask him. He’s using the progressions on Lake Superior.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxrJ3r-xno-/

EDIT: his youtube. https://www.youtube.com/@andy_foils

HAH! yeah, my brain isn’t very searchable, it has a lot of info in it though.

Haha i’ve been looking for this guy! thank you

I saw his youtube video but couldn’t find his insta.

I thought I had my mind made on the progression 200 but I have another dilemma:

I could go with the new spitfire 1180, 9.1 AR, 1550 cm2, which would probably be easier to progress on and go in lighter conditions. The downside is the smaller spitfire wings are lower AR and like everyone has said, not super efficient.

Or go with the P200 at 1290cm2, potentially limiting the light wind runs and making it harder to paddle up but sounds like its better suited to what I want.

Please help me put an end to this, it’s all I can think about.

Stop reading numbers. Get demos of both. I’d imagine the progression will have the better low end. (I have not ridden either haha)

3 Likes

I have to travel far and wide for that but I will on my next trip. The numbers are all I got for now.

What? I don’t think the spitfires are too slow.

I’m just trying to choose a brand that makes the most sense for my riding and the concensus seems to be that the unifoil pumps easier which is appealing to me.

Axis has more sizes in the range to work your way down as you said. That’s probably more important at this point than the performance of the foil.

Sorry mate, someone else above said it was too slow and draggy, not efficient, and the last foil they would ride.