Best Axis setups for Prone?

I am on the spitfire 900, and i prone it nearly everyday. And so satisfied with it. I don’t touch my art anymore , spitfire do it all, and is very pleasant to ride. Everything is smoth with it. Take off are easier, you can recover from mistake easily. I am on the p350, some people suggested me to size down the tail, so i went to p 300. I have not been convinced , because the pumping need a bit more of energy, and i turn enough with the 350. The next step will be to ride the 840, wich is so good in the surf. I had a try on it and was really impressed. Will i be able to connect as easily with the 840, i don’t know.

3 Likes

Is anyone proning with the ART 899 or 999? I just switched to AXIS and got the SP900 but miss the easy glide of a HA. I can get the SP to work in small weak waves but was wondering about the ARTs. I see a few of these wings for sale at great prices so wondered if it would be a good add to the quiver.

Arts need for speed. Specifically the 899. If you loose your speed, you loose your pumping.

Come to the darkside, convert to unifoil. I live in norcal and prone all the time, can message me if you wanna check out the progressions. The 125 will be better for your weight. If you prefer flat water pumping stay in Axis.

(I switched from Axis 810 to P140)

1 Like

I’ve owned/rode almost every Axis wing (except for the new Spitfires) and switched last winter to Unifoil.

Unifoil wings are like the Lost RNF shortboard, instantly improves your surfing and makes you feel like you rip even if you suck!

2 Likes

I used to love my RNF! So nostalgic

I used to prone the 999 for more than a year. Doesn’t turn, you have to pair it with a tiny fuse and tail and then the whole setup becomes very unstable. Converted to Unifoil Progression. It has the pump of the 999 without all of its drawbacks. The best thing you can plug to the Axis mast is the Unifoil to Axis adapter :joy:

3 Likes