Want to trade my progression 800 for a 75 katana - Charleston, SC

I’ve got a progression 800 that is just a hair too long to be using on the regular. I’d love to trade it for a 75cm Katana here in Charleston SC. I’ll probably give it a week for a local trade and expand to shipping after a week so just shoot me a DM if interested

I have a 75cm Katana in excellent condition if you want to trade?

Hey,

Could you explain why ?

I have a Katana 750, and I am actually thinking a lot about going to the Progression 800, mainly to have more length, and looks like it suppose to be a better mast for surfing.
Anyway, I am just interested :slight_smile:

Most of our energy here (charleston, SC) is shallower and shorter period than even Jax. I felt like the foil was always deeper than the wave energy and i had to do too much extra work to get it going and get higher on the mast to put the wing in the energy. I’ve since gone to a home-made 74. (cut off gofoil mast potted into the uni-fuse) that is objectively worse in all respects(drag, stiffness, doesn’t disassemble…) but i’m much happier with it.

I think depending on period and geography the 75 vs the 80 makes as much difference as going a size down on the wing (170 on the 80 has about as much power as the 140 on the 75) and if you do that you gain a bit of aggressive turning breach resistance with the shorter span that you could have gotten with the longer mast.

2 Likes