Wing harness line recommendations

Evening all! I have never winged with a harness, but decided I should probably give it a try to make sessions last longer. I am doing it on the cheap to make sure I like it. I bought one of those NUG hooks for 20 bucks and plan to put it right on my wing waist harness belt. Anyone have any recommendations for the actual harness line? Figure I will just try some 1” climbing webbing unless someone here tells me that’s a bad idea.

Normal dyneema or whatever type of rope. Maybe 1/4" in diameter? I just tied a knot like for a leash string on one end. Looped it through itself for the connection to the front handle. Tied some knots on the loose end for sizing. Then used a long leash string on my back handle with a loop on each end that I can larkshead on to the knots in the rope. (like the way you attach kite lines)

I use a 3d printed hook that someone gave me. That solution that cost me $0 out of parts in my garage has lasted over a year with no signs of wear.

Wow. Creative. I like the larks head idea for flexibility. THANKS!

3d printed hook on a Velcro weight lifting belt. Wing leash attached also.

Shot of my harness line.
Uploading: IMG_0348.jpeg…

I use elasticated dyneema kitesurfing flag out line, attach and use a line with knots for adjustment.

Aa its elasticated, it stays out of the way, same as the ozone elasticated lines but third of the cost.

Mike

1 Like