Dwfoil.com - downwind community resource

M2M results. Kane with the win again!

4 Likes

Amazing! Stoked for Kane and Andrew to finish almost within a minute again. Glad they held off the Aussies who did pretty well and the big names too

2 Likes

Youtube is onto me. Showed me this video. Good view of the conditions. James Casey and Josh Ku cameoā€™s at the end.

5 Likes

Ha great, I turned that off as it was always on my case, so I definitely not have seen that

68 likes, 6 comments - DWG (@deepwater_gorillaz) on Instagram on July 17, 2023: "Highlights from the 2023 #mauitomolokai #M2M channel crossing.
YouTube link in bio.  ENJOY! Aloha..."

1 Like

tryna publish and about every 4 hours some great content gets released :laughing:

1 Like

M2M recap, thanks for the links!

1 Like

Super interesting M2O race this coming weekend, and some recaps of previous races and lots of other downwind related info

(thanks James for the video, I donā€™t know why the preview image is that but it is the highlight anyway :clap:)

2 Likes

Nice post, love the website. Consider using the windmap from the link below. The one you posted really does not account for topography.

Cant wait for the M2O report!

http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/MET/Faculty/wrf/arw/arw_maui.html#

1 Like

ah thanks that is perfect, the weather info was a bit of an afterthought and so I didnā€™t really dig into localised weather, which is obviously 100% at play here. Iā€™ll update with a screenshot of that site. Thanks!

2 Likes

https://mymotion.dotvision.com/stages/63281/player?fbclid=IwAR3nyh3X8MYKgm_N1Lf-WEFQCTRhpLxEmuMW_Rc02Tdj3bMFBwqQ0X05HfY

Foils are entering the water now. Green dots. Go through the list and heart who you want to see. Thatā€™ll put the name next to the green dot. James Casey 102 and Kai Lenny 101 for example.

https://www.facebook.com/molokai2oahu

For live video updates. Start of prone and SUP divisions have video clips so far.

Or the instagram version.

2 Likes

Clips and live updates on that channel. James Casey, Andrew Gibbons and Oskar Johansson have been battling right next to each other the whole way so far.

1 Like

Casey, Oskar and Edoardo 1-3 in sup foil

Finn Spencer wins wing foil to back up his 2nd and 3rd in sup foil and wing foil races at Hood River. Young lad on a tear!

2 Likes

Any insight into Kai on Axis?
Lots of riders on Kalamas!

Typed this for another board earlier.

Several guys switched to AXIS for this race. I think Edo coming in first unofficially in Paddle Imua was the clincher. Kai was on something the 901 size range. Sounded like he used the smaller phantom for M2M, didnā€™t have enough low end for the pump to the finish. Then he was on the larger size for Paddle Imua and it didnā€™t get the job done. So AXIS for M2O. There is a clip of the start line on ocean paddler tv facebook page. Kai getā€™s up right away. Edo didnā€™t get up right away and he had to battle back. But from the middle of the race on, he was up in that front group of James, Oskar, Andrew and Edo.

3 Likes

Josh Ku starting to release his videos. I love how you feel like youā€™re riding along with him as he does these races and you get all the behind the scenes insight from the finish line.

3 Likes

And how relaxed he is for being able to talk all the way :joy:
I wouldnā€™t be able to do it yet jaja

Iā€™ve had work stuff come up that has meant I havenā€™t been able to contribute as much time as Iā€™d have liked to this project.

Open call to anyone that has any interest in creating content. The blog, map & insta could all be interesting channels to develop, and would happily take contributions or interest.

There are a few events, including the French DW open which looked epic.

Some drafts here too that are early ideas

Recap of the year

2 Likes

Downwind link dumps, these are far more fun to put together :smiley: