After pumpfoiling with my son I noticed these cracks in the foil tracks. They are right by where one of the screws normally go. The board is old and homemade. I will likely sand it all down and cover the whole area with 3-4 layers of fiberglass cloth. I have 3 oz and 6 oz in my garage. And hope everything holds
I don’t know if it’s worth fixing, but if you do, it’d worth not breaking it again!!! As seen from the marks at the bottom of the tracks, your screws are too long. And by tightening them to the point where they push on the bottom, any track will end up cracking.
That makes sense. Pretty frustrated with myself that I didn’t think of that. I noticed that they were making those marks a couple sessions age and kept telling myself I should change them out.
No, but given it’s a pump board I’d put a plate on the top or small tracks and just clamp the board. I can’t imagine the wood is stiff enough anyway, but you don’t need tracks on a small pump board (you should have an idea where optimal is)
I built myself a simple flat carbon pumpboard with a paulownia wood core. I simply drilled holes through the deck and attach the mast with sleeve nuts. Make sure they are flatheads, without angle. Works perfect and i never felt the need for any adjustability. When i changed masts with different spacing, i drilled two new holes. Can definately recommend!