Lift Wings to other Masts Adaptability

Hi All,

Currently riding all Lift gear and am looking to get a second mast.

It could be nice to try a different brand with an adapter just to see what other options there are, and also open up my wing/stab market choices for the future.

Some quick googling is showing that Axis, Takuma, and Project Cedrus masts can all adapt to Lift.

Can anyone weigh in on the pros and cons of each?
Cost, material, stiffness, taper, speed, best line of foils that could be invested in down the road, pumpability, etc…

Are there any other brands that could adapt to lift that I missed?

My main use case right now is prone foiling but I am hoping to learn downwinding and maybe some winging here and there.

I’m in the same boat. Very close to pulling the trigger on a no limitz with the takuma end. That way you can get adapters to fit all the brands.

Yeah I’ve heard about that option, but heard there is a significant drag inducing lump from the adapter.

Can’t seem to find any pics of it anywhere…

I think there is drag for some brands but from what I have seen the lift adapter is pretty streamlined. But others might not be as clean.

Had this pic handy - hope it helps….

I see no downside in the cedrus evo adapter design on lift or axis (the two adapters I have). Have enjoyed the ride, super stiff and fast. Don’t have any first hand experience with no limits

2 Likes

Don’t forget THE greatest mast ever built. The Axis 19mm aluminum. Kane once did a Maliko run using it in 23ish minutes (He’s since broken 20, hard to compare different days though).

Taking all factors into account, it’s pretty hard to beat for the bucks. You’ll need a foilparts.com Axis to Lift doodad.

If you’ve gotta have lowest drag you’ll be paying at least 3x the price. Is it worth it to save three minutes? To me it was worth it to spring for a NL V2 but I’m certainly never going to sell my Axis 19mm.