New Uni Progression Tails

I’d love to know the same thing!

This is really helpful thanks. It sounds like there is enough of a difference to get both the 13.5 & 14.5 Progression tails? . :slight_smile:

Progression tail is sharp! Contemplating dulling with 2000 grit

1 Like

I’m more worried about the wingtip of the front wing
I rounded and thickened the wingtips of the tail and front wing
Trailing edge of the tail is sharp but you’re unlikely to hit it.

1 Like

I think trailing edge of tail may actually be the MOST likely part to hit on a foil, by accidentally kicking it underwater while walking a sandbar etc.

4 Likes

Erik says the 14.5" with the wing tips chopped is the move. I still need to chop mine. Will report back once I do.

3 Likes

I agree. Contacted the back of an Axis tail recently after falling off the back of my DW board with a coil leash. Luckily it hit me without much force or speed. It was still enough for some claret though!

I had a takuma tail pop me in the heel from a bad takeoff which resulted in 6 stitches. I try to sand down the trailing edges a good amount now. Dont want to wear crocs for another month straight again.

Had my 13.5 out a few times now prone 73kg with both P140 & 170 medium fuse 0 shim (actually just flat on the fuse).
Really impressed, feels solid/dependable throug turns, it’s fast & pumps great.

1 Like

Anyone tried them with H2 or Vyper?

Mike

I’ve used the 14" with the H2 190 and 210. Works great. I feel like those foils need a lot of shim, and that is no different with the Prog stab. Very fast (even with the shims) and underrated setup in my opinion.

1 Like

Sweet. You try the 14.5" with the p140 or 170?

Love the 13.5 progression on the 140 and 170 short fuse 0 shim.

1 Like

Got first 3 sessions on the 13.5, what a big difference I was not expecting from the 13 G10. A nice increase in speed and glide and overall efficiency.

4 Likes

did you chop chop?

@mgudwin curious to know if You ever chopped your progression 14.5?

Not yet, but gonna try and do it next weekend.

Hi @mgudwin

Did you cut down your tail? How was it after? I am torn between getting the 13.5 progression tail or chopping my 14.5. The bank balance is in favour of the chopping!

Still haven’t gotten around to it lol. I don’t have the tools to get it done, so still working on it. From what I understand though, the 14.5 chopped will still be a bit different from the 13.5 stock/chopped, so I guess it depends more on do you want a larger tail or smaller tail. Personally, I’m preferring the 14.5 to the 13.5 as I like a little more stability and pump nowadays, but always paired with the short fuse for the 170/200p’s.

I might be willing to trade you my 13 for your 14, let me know