Prone foil bifurcation - what maximizes fun?

Yeah i got a laugh at that. Fatten Drive? ElderlyFoil? lol

1 Like

Type 2b - downwind mentality. My best prone foil experience is chipping into a wave on the prone board and running down a long beach, linking into waves, running out to find some bumps, whacking turns when the opportunity presents, and just being as efficient as possible. I prefer a medium size foil for this to get the speed turn pump range, as all are important. Linking hard turns into sets to get speed boost and then pumping off triangles that run you out into the bumps until you get to the next peak.

This to me is like side-country snowboarding or enduro mtb, it’s not pure 1 or 2, but mixes them perfectly.

6 Likes

I feel like this is what a lot of people go for and why foils like the prog series shine - you have to have something that pumps around reasonably well to have the time on foil to keep those skills sharp! I feel like every time I’m ambitious in my riding and pick up something that really rips at the expense of pump it’s great for a month then my skills start to atrophy for reduced wave time.

5 Likes

I think the effect may be real here… 35+ means leaning into the cardio not avoiding it.