Traction pad hack?

Need some help from the collective. Have a new board, and traction is just to grippy.
I’m a big guy at 6’3“ as I get to my feet, the top edge of my lead foot will drag on the deck as I get to my footing. This is nothing new and never been an issue.
Now my foot is hitting and getting stuck from things being to grippy. Half the time, I endo over the nose of the board, or stand up with my feet in some absurd position causing the board to pitch up.
Tried a light sand on the traction with some 220 grit, but still the same result.

Perfectly happy with the answer of buy new traction…hope some one has delt with this and has a work around.

Happy holidays!

I’ve settled on Foil-Tec for the best traction. Absolutely love it and now on all of my boards. I believe it’s the same company behind Amos?

For me the back traction isn’t an issue but if there’s too much front traction my front foot catches and I have a hard time getting it where it belongs. I’ll go so far as to come in mid session and get a knife and paint scraper and peel off pieces of front traction to get it dialed in. I usually end up having a pad the size of my front foot plus 2 in on all sides. Having some marks or tape for reference is helpful to remember “where does my foot go when I’m riding” If you can get video that’s better.

You can also dial back that texture under the mid foot/heel (keep it for your toes to dig into) with a sander. Coarse grit takes down those traction pads no problem.

Any chance your new board has less deck concave than the old one? I’ve noticed a big improvement in NOT getting hung up with a CC deck vs flat or domed in the past.

I’m enjoying the smooth traction pad on my Omen Flux. Easy to slide my feet into place but also enough grip for turns.

Maybe try sanding yours down a bit. I have also used a router attachment on a dremel tool to flatten out traction pads with too much grip or to remove foot arches from rear pads that were too tall for my liking.

It seems like they all have less tractions as they age. I would imagine skin oils contaminate the pads and perhaps sanding renews the surface?

Perhaps some Coppertone Tanning Oil would do the trick.

Thanks for taking to the time to comment.
Between some sandpaper and some copper tone, I will experiment.
Hope everyone got waves or wind over the holiday.

80 grit sand paper worked really well. Sanded long enough to make a bit of a mess.
Nice to be back riding with minimal complications