Uni Progressions Get Stuck In White Wash?

Not sure I have experienced the same but limited relevant comparison to older hps880 Axis to the pp140, and I know exactly what you’re describing as we have similar conditions, but I don’t know if the pp was any worse. I guess it is probably just a bit slower, which generally is better for our conditions as you don’t outrun the pocket.

Adding, to your other thread, I’d say presuming you’re just chipping in and don’t actually want to ride the takeoff wave, punch through the foam. Takes a bit of practice but if you just wait for a weaker section, bottom turn hard and float it you can just kick through and go find open faces. I try avoid chasing the mush for an open section with closeouts and generally just kick through a weaker section now.

Kicking off a broken wave: deep bottom turn hard for speed, hit it at a 45deg angle, not too high or you’ll breach, don’t dip the nose when you go over the top, glide through the turbulence, get ready to grave dig

Pumping through a broken wave: Pump for speed, hit it lower than you’d expect but just enough to clear the wave. otherwise you breach on the other side, glide through the turbulence, get ready to grave dig with a few quick pumps

Here is a thread, more on going straight through.

2 Likes