UniFoil Progression wings/tails

By the time you finish sanding that out you will have a 10” ultra glide. :joy:

1 Like

Any shops in the US taking preorders on these yet (if that’s even allowed)?

Can someone in the know give me some comparison between the h2 150 and the prog 140? I have the h2 190 for reference and am using these foils to wing.

1 Like

I’d love to know the answer to this question as well. Seems like the prog 140 glides well, is fast, and surfy… all good characteristics for winging. Basically, I want a faster Kujira 1095. The h2 150 wing span is narrower so seems like the prog 140 is the way to go. Is the h2 150 available currently?

@Velocicraptor How do you like the h2 190, any foils that are relevant points of comparison? What’s the speed feel like? I’m not super into going fast but like the feeling of low drag so I can keep up with swell.

Just got a 140 Progression with the 3 pack tails to try. I weigh 85kg/190lbs and it’s the smallest foil I tried to surf, so I’m initially worried about the amount of lift I get from it.
What tail set ups are recommended? On the Unifoil website Erik says Shiv at 0 is a good starting point, but any points to add? Anyone similar weight the could comment. Mostly surfing waist-head high surf.
Thanks in advance.

I weigh 208. I love the P140! I like it with 0 shim and a 13 shunt tail from waist to head high faces. If it gets punchier then that I run a .5 negative shim and move to 13 Shiv tail. You will need to play with mast position but I ride it maybe slightly forward from a Lift 120. I ride mushy beach break predominantly.

1 Like

Thanks for that @TexasFoilFroth

Does anybody know the difference in thickness/drag between the two tails?

@Clifford what progression tails would go well with the hyper2s and the vyper? And what benefits over the existing tails?

Cheers

Mike

depends on your weight i guess , but i havnt actually had chance to foil much lately skunked 2ce and had to ride prototypes

vypers like more shim , so just remember that

@Clifford im 80kg just interested what extra speed/glide id get from the progression tails.

Interesting what you say about yhe vypers and shim, as i wing my 150 with a shunt and 0 shim?

Mike