What are your favorite themes on the podcast?

The podcast could be broken down into a few running themes. Gear, technique, learning, flow, experience, location and story. And some macro foil themes of prone, downwind, runners and a bit of winging. What else would you like to hear?

1 Like

Out of that group of themes my pick would be experience. I say that because while listening to a high level foilers experience, I will be able to learn as well as be entertained.

7 Likes

I like the intro with gear breakdown. That’s pretty valuable since we know your level and what you’re trying to achieve.

Technique is good, but without video isn’t as useful. I would like standardized terms. When you have the older guys on who have been doing windsports forever, rely on them for terms, since they know the correct names for them.

3 Likes

I’ll go with experience as well for my favorite for the same reason that @mikepedigo said.

For the macro topic, I’m personally really looking forward to working on runners and potentially a bit of downwind this coming fall/winter and so would selfishly like to hear more on those topics too.

Regarding gear, I think it would be good to have at least one of the brand reps on per quarter to talk about their latest stuff and give you a chance to pick their brains.

3 Likes

Gear, technical and learning, super helpful since foiling is a young sport and good information is hard to come by, thanks :pray:

2 Likes

Experience and gear talk, as mentioned above technique stuff is harder to explain. Still very useful but maybe better on a different more visual platform

4 Likes

I do come back to the podcast for the mix to be honest. It’s super interesting to explore all aspects of foiling and you continually manage to get awesome guests. I would say less gear though, I know that might be controversial because things are developing so fast atm. But I feel talking too much about gear takes away from all the other aspects, skill, dedication, learning etc. it almost makes you believe with the right gear everyone could do it all instantly.

3 Likes

Thanks. Are you referring to winging terms? Let me know what I’m messing up. Happy to correct.

Love getting brands on. I try to do that with the designers.

2 Likes

You’re not messing up anything. I love all content. You like to say seams. When downwinders call them troughs. Just small things like that.

1 Like

I like when guest on the show are very specific with gear : dimension of the boards, foil set up details (shim, positioning on the box fron the tail), etc…

6 Likes

Experience and gear, especially designers discussing the design tradeoffs. Technique is also interesting but better on a video if specific.

3 Likes

The ability to combine nerding out on airfoil design with surfing seems too good to be true!

I enjoy the gear interviews, but depends on how clearly and objectively the guest engages with the questions, and how much detail they are willing to provide. It gets repetitive if they don’t objectively assess their gear or provide deeper details or explanations to questions.

Cabrinha with Brodie was easily the best. Discusses details, things they’d change, shortcomings, alternatives.

2 Likes

Hi,
That would be great to have some overviews and feedback on fuselage lengh and rear wing size or improvement of all the combinations.

1 Like

Downwinding experiences and tips, also gear talk, both are such good topics

1 Like

While I enjoy every single episode for what they’re worth.
I find myself re-listening to the Jim Bones Ep time and time again.
Why?
-Super interesting well rounded human…
-relatable and inspirational
-Pure foil froth that wants you want to go glide on any piece of water that moves :smiley:

5 Likes

I love the gear talk mixed with you and your guest personal experiences. It’s great that you have tried so many Foils and are able to compare so logically. I started foiling on my own so to have someone putting words to what I was experiencing was so valuable. Thanks!

3 Likes

That’s why I started the podcast. Was learning in a vacuum and wanted to expedite the process.

The Bones episode is a personal favorite also.

2 Likes

All are great. It would be fun to have some travel/location episodes too! Obviously not blow up any secret spots but maybe an overview interview about Maui, Oregon, etc