What are your favorite themes on the podcast?

Id like more progression focus, typical plateaus and how to get past them. What held back your foiling, how’d you get past it. Less on what gear is achieving peak performance now, more focus on what gear helped you progress and how.

3 Likes

I think a good one would be with Brady Hurley, I used to foil with him when I used to live in San Clemente, he was super young. His dad Jeff and uncle Ryan were so ahead of their time, already using small foil and tiny boards, very inspiring. I wonder why they didn’t keep doing it as much.
https://www.instagram.com/westcoastfoilclub/

Good call. I was just asking people from down there why we don’t see the Hurley brothers anymore. Apparently Ryan is super into pickleball now and that’s taking all his time :slight_smile: Jeff shows up on Brady’s account now and then, so he get’s in the water a bit still.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjYF2Qanr-X/

Probably the best foil video ever :rofl:

2 Likes

Westcoastfoilclub was so ahead of their time. The first foil meme account?

Nobody has time for this unless Erik has interns, but it would be amazing to compile notes on each topic from all the episodes. Like if a thread were to start on, say, pumping technique. Maybe users could each volunteer to listen back to a particular episode, then come back and write what they heard. So that thread would have the all the podcast’s guests’ knowledge right there.

1 Like

I could post full transcripts, they’d be done by AI so tons of typos and some stuff that wouldn’t make sense. Would that be helpful?

1 Like

Better than nothing, esepcially just to dig through and find specific parts of a convo without needing to listen

The nice thing about transcripts is that they are searchable

Experience is my favorite. It would be great if you can get another pro surfer turned Foiler on the show to get their take. Having Tom Carroll a while back was epic. Maybe Parko or Gabe Kling. Also I really enjoyed when you would talk about the gear you were testing at the start of some of the shows; maybe more of a compare and contrast with you and maybe a smaller guy and bigger guy to appeal to broader audience

2 Likes

Gabe is supposed to come on soon. Couple other guys in the works.

2 Likes

Agree on the test ride self talk at the start of the show, this is actually my favorite part.
Maybe more feedback with what you ride: 1095 vs cabrinha 1000 vs uni proto 170, etc…

6 Likes

I’d love to hear someone from takuma personally.

3 Likes

Yes agree. But that does usually end up in me spending more money :rofl:

1 Like

I really enjoy the parts where you share your insights on different aspects of board and foil design, and how they translate into different feels and performance. Those are the parts that cause me to listen as soon as the podcast hits my feed. I’m really looking forward to the episode where you share what you learned designing that new uni foil and your experiences with testing the different variations.

My favorite guests tend to be the ones that share their knowledge about foil and board design, not that I’d want the show to be all about gear, but I do learn a lot from those episodes.

4 Likes

Hopefully you found some value in the last one I did with Erik. I feel like we touched on those topics pretty well.

1 Like

Experience and flow are super fun. The Bones episode was epic. Keep up the great work!!

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to do the podcast. I have been following since paddlewoo. I like the variety of guests that you have on the show. I like hearing about each guests progression of gear.
I would like to see a guest who has been pioneering riding foils at Mavericks. People like Jeff Clark or Denton Chase would be interesting conversations.

1 Like

My favorite episodes are the ones with Mike Pedigo. Just two buds that froth on foiling, comparing notes, and challenging eachother to progress. Fun and informative.

5 Likes

Cyril Coste owner of Takuma would be a good one, he’s been into surf/sup foiling since the beginning.

Some of the Sano crew would be also nice to have, it pretty much started there.

Tom Earl would be also a good pick, let’s not forget the euro, surf foiling and sup dw foiling is getting more and more popular over there.

2 Likes