What are your favorite themes on the podcast?

The balance you have achieved is awesome. Great life stories and foil progression discussion.

Regarding new content, I’m probably off the beaten path of most peeps with this idea, but I’ll throw it out anyways….

I think a good number of your listeners are pretty average dudes who are living in interior locations and trying to apply your progression to a foiling environment very different from the ocean. Freshwater lakes produce different swell conditions with the wind typically at your back for winging. Dock starting and applying its pumping techniques to opportunistically getting on passing wakes and swell is another area of foil progression that will continue to grow and push our pumping boundaries. Now downwinding holds some promise on lakes as well, albeit with some challenges. I’d love to hear from some freshwater frothers who have learned to adapt their progression to these conditions ie gear adaptations, dw technique for softer swell etc. Not sure if anyone has any recommendations in mind, but Balz Mueller would be one guy who seems to be able to do anything on lakes.

I also think a bunch of short, quick answer questions with a bunch of average dudes from all over that sheds some light on different progression patterns would be awesome. I learn a ton from listening to the pros, but sometimes it’s nice to hear about the average guys who are slugging it out and how their own progression translates to mine.

Just a few thoughts. Awesome podcast, keep them coming!

5 Likes

Good feedback, Jon. Thanks! I plan on doing a few shows with wake foilers and fresh water guys this year. I’d love to have Balz on the show. We chat on IG at times. I’ll push him a bit.

Love the podcast of course and the balance of topics, etc. Also love the idea of short answers from average folks from all over the country. Every region has a foil group - I know you’d be able to find people no problem!! Haha

My favorite parts is discussions about comparing different foils - brands, sizes, etc - because unless you live near TJ at Big Winds or Tucker or Patrick/Josh, we have no way of trying out gear to figure out what the next step is for us. I’m still on V1 Kujiras. :man_shrugging:t3: Works for me but looking forward to an upgrade. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Long time listener, first time writer… Appreciate all the deep dives with industry folks. Also like the intros where you talk about the latest you’re up to. How about a series of short interviews at AWSI where you ask industry folk: “What will have been the trend of the year when we meet again in 2025. With a followup for where will we be in 2030”. Would be fun to play back excerpts next year and record reactions.

1 Like

100% agree about the Bones episode. His joy and appreciation for life and foiling was very special. What you guys said about age not being a real thing and that deep down we all feel the same as when we were 10 years old really resonated with me :slight_smile: Yew!

1 Like