Winging with the new Lift Havoc wings?

Hey there! I currently ride the Lift 120HA and 150HAX wings when winging. I am interested in getting something lower aspect to ride (more surfy/carvy) and curious if anyone has been using the new Havoc wings (121 or 148) for winging and any thoughts/advice?? Thanks!!

1 Like

Yep! Just finished up testing them both with the 20 carve tail. Crazy good low end on them with easy pump. Slow moving.

They felt like an improved version of the sk8 to me. They can’t dethrone the silks for best surf foil but if you’re staying on the lift platform they are quite nice and very user friendly.

1 Like

awesome - thanks for the reply - will have to give them a try…, now - what size do I get if I can’t buy both?! I am about 87kg - ride in the gorge mostly, so usually have decent wind…

The 148 seems to have unlimited low end if that’s what you want. The 121 also had crazy low end so it’s hard to go wrong. I think I did 121 at 20 knots with a 3m and same weight as you in the gorge.

1 Like

Which setup in the silk range is the GOAT?

850/132 is my goat setup as long as I have enough power.

But If I was going for a single foil quiver it would probably be 1050/132. I just rode this setup two back to back days, one super powered in head high waves and the next day way underpowered in tiny windchop. Super fun in very diverse conditions.

3 Likes

Everyone will be a little different on that choice I expect but:

Soft swell surfing GOAT:
1050 w/132 is the ultimate for wild loose fun. There’s no other foil/tail combo that I have found on the market that matches that. You’d swear you were riding a traditional 700cm foil with this kit. Once the wind reaches 25 knots this foil starts to feel a bit slow here in the gorge.

Powered swell or racecar flatwater GOAT:
650 w/132 and fuse in the short position is what I get on as soon as the swell picks up and is quite honestly my all time favorite foil when it’s lit up.

My quiver showed up yesterday and I’m frothing:

1 Like

Your new AFS gear looks incredible!

I ride a Lift Foils setup (150HAX, 90HA, 26X Carve, 32” M2). I’m really interested in the next generation of equipment. My riding is mostly in flat water with winds between 12-25 knots, where I’m focused on going fast and feeling locked in—that seems like my next challenge. If I’m going to “mow the lawn,” I may as well do it at speed!

I’m also planning to do more ocean swell and wave riding this summer, so my obsession with wing foiling has me aiming to ride fast in the flats while also tackling bumps and waves in the ocean. It’s clear I’ll need two setups—and probably a bigger bank account!

Enjoy the new kit!

1 Like

Let us know which speedster lift foil you land on! For AFS I believe it’s the pure foils but I like going fast on the silk 650! I’m hoping the ultra takes care of me in the ocean. All of the new Lift stuff felt really nice to me. Both the havocs and the florence foils were plenty of fun to wing!

I sold soooo much gear off in the last year. Feels good to be done buying for a while!

1 Like

G’day Brian,

I just read your articles on the Florence gear over at wozel.com—great insights! Given my quiver and riding style that discussed above, I’m leaning towards adding the 110 Florence and a 20 carve. Let me know if that makes sense at my 87kg. I’m also open to adding a Havoc if you have a favorite in the line.

On a side note, I was just explaining to a non-foiler how rad the foiling community is compared to surfers—most of us have come through that sport, and this conversation is a perfect example.

P.S. can’t get AFS gear out of my head! I wish we had access to it down under.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Scott

1 Like

Glad the articles have proven themselves helpful to you! I 100% recommend the 110 Florence X. It was one of my favorite foils this year and if I were to own any Lift foil, that would be the one. I’d be surprised if you didn’t like it a lot more than the 150 HAX.

As for the Havocs: I unfortunately didn’t get much time on them. Conditions in the Gorge during that demo period were garbage for testing them so I definitely didn’t get to run them through the paces. If I were to pick one or the other on the VERY minimal amount of testing I did I would probably go with the 121. It was less resistant to turning/carving and felt like I could have had a lot of fun and playful sessions on it. The 148 had shocking low end but when I really think about it, it just didn’t want to turn/roll as well and felt more like a super slow motion pump foil that could surf some mush waves.

Neither of these foils would necessarily be speed monsters, but the 121 should up your flatwater freestyle game for tacks, 360s, and other wing tricks. The 110 will be a dream come true in the ocean!

1 Like

Hey Bryan,

Following up on our earlier chat, I’ve gone ahead and purchased a 20 Carve and have a 110 Florence on demo. I should be receiving both this week and plan to take them for a spin next weekend. When you recommended this setup, did you have an extender in mind to add some fuse length, or is it good to go as is?

Cheers,
Scott

1 Like

No extender for me. I’m used to a really loose kit and this still felt pretty chill to me without the extender.

I hope you absolutely love that kit. One of my all time favorites! Do you have the M2 mast already?

Thanks for letting me know. Yes, have the 32” M2 mast already. I’ll play around with the extender and see how it goes with / without. Can’t wait!

1 Like

Please let me know if you like it as much as I did!