Long Island, NY Downwinders?

Wondering if there are any downwind foilers (paddle or wing) on Long Island, NY? Ideally near Bay Shore or Babylon, NY. I’ll be out that way this fall and would love to find some DW runs. I know I’ve seen good conditions in the sound there but have no idea where good start/finish points would be. Hope someone is already sending it in the area who can show me the ropes!

1 Like

Many good runs on LI. Best on Nor’easters and strong Westerlies.
The Sound can get very good. My favorite run is on the East End, from or to Montauk.
Fall is usually a good time of the year out here to score good conditions.

Parking is an issue for some of those runs if you’re not a resident of the county/town.

You can check out the conditions on my Youtube. Bellow is a shorty of a Montauk Run.

1 Like

Awesome! I’m not sure if I’ll end up that far east on the island but maybe I can head up early and join you guys for a run before my family heads to the ferry at Orient Point.

Any chance you know any runs in Great South Bay?

Scouted various locations on the Great South Bay but haven’t had the chance to send yet.
Always happy to try new runs. Boat traffic could be an issue so timing is key.

1 Like

I should be out there in late Sept. through Oct. if you want to try to connect for a run. From what I’ve seen from the bridges the boat traffic doesn’t usually look too bad when DW conditions are up but I know weekends around there can get tons of boat traffic.

Sounds good! Send me a PM when you’re ready to connect :call_me_hand:

1 Like