New prone surf record

Prone foil 3hrs

How far will people go I find this so hard to fathom I do 5min and feel like I’m on the verge of cardiac arrest :rofl:

1 Like

There must be a step change in efficiency that those of us who cannot fathom this have yet to hit. I’m hopeful that it comes soon

2 Likes

anyone else notice the proto looks just like an ART? I was hoping for something surfy and versatile, maybe there’s some voodoo in there but IDK.

Also, I break the prone record every session, since I’m actually prone more than probably any of ya’ll. :joy:

2 Likes

I think there’s a couple things happening. One, a new surf wing coming out shortly. Two, a larger ART. Just speculation based on the FB Axis group.

The one thing I find alarming about the record is that he was on a 90cm mast. IMO the 1099 doesn’t breach well, at all. It’s a giant flat wing too. I’m guessing he had to be on the 90 to keep that thing way under the water.

I wanted to love the art1099 so much, but if feels like I’m prone surfing an earthquake. It bounces my balance all over and is so temperamental for me that I typically blow it, before my cardio ever gives up. I still have it and hope to figure it out eventually.

My Takuma 1210 is just so easy with everything, I guess it’s spoiled me.

4 Likes

So that might not be the forthcoming surf wing. Interesting.

I would have thought a better marketing campaign for the surf wing would be footage of people ripping effortless turns on one, so I suspect this is primarily aimed at the wing and pump crew

I think it’s safe to say that this is a view of one half of the new surf wing. :slight_smile:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CplgwSyylI8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

1 Like

If so it has the axis standard lack of anhedral. But I could see him asking for and ripping on an 1199 though, so might not be the one.

1 Like