Podcast Interview Recommendations

Hey Erik,

Would love to hear you interview Sky Solbach, foiler/ board designer with Duotone/ Fanatic on the Progression Project.

8 Likes

Erik, I would also like to make a recommendation… how about Slvain Aurenche of Takuma? He is an amazing foiler and industry leader.

2 Likes

I can’t remember if you interviewed Alex Aguera of GoFoil.

2 Likes

A foil wizard from Maui worth talking to is Senior Water-statesman, Alan Cadiz.

He has a Patreon account where he breaks down wing foiling into incredibly detailed, clear and simple steps for progression. I think you and your listeners would especially benefit from his video on Footstraps. How to use them and how to set them up properly for safety and benefit for your riding style.

Enjoy. And thanks for continuing to share the foil-stoke.

5 Likes

I love Damien Leroy’s learning vids, would be cool to get him on the podcast. Seems like a great dude.

9 Likes

Or matahi, he might want to raise awareness of the judging tower he posted about.

4 Likes

Would be cool to chat to the Foildrive boys about their progress - the V2 could be a game changer.

4 Likes

Sylvain Aurenche is now with Vayu, but he would still be a great interview.

Gwen is about the nicest guy you will meet, a superb athlete and great teacher. He would be a good candidate either with or w/o Damo

4 Likes

that’s awesome, that dude looks epic too, great idea

2 Likes

Laurent Borgna from AFS (previously Takuma). I don’t think he’s been on any of the podcasts before and I would love to hear his design perspective. Maybe get him and Chipri on together as I know he is a critical part of Laurent’s R&D process?

8 Likes

@Erik - I’m surprised you haven’t had Guenther Oka (6 world titles) & Meagan Ethell (7 world titles). Talk about a water sports power couple. Both avid foilers, especially Guenther. He’s always riding.

5 Likes

we’ve talked about it for months. Trying to do it in person since they’re in Florida.

2 Likes

You’ll have to read the subtitles though.

1 Like

Love this video.

1 Like

I’d love to hear an interview with this rider

gurumateo on IG, i am super impressed with his riding, but i suppose there are alot of other under the radar rippers like him. but seriously we need caleb pont on the podcast, i cant beleive he hasnt been on yet. and of course mister bennetts every 6 months

2 Likes

John John would be an epic interview. Also Malo G. (and/or his dad), Cash Berzolla, or Wesley Brito. Anyone involved in Americas Cup boat/foil designing (I bet some of them foil themselves too).

8 Likes

Had the opportunity to hang with cash over in France for a bit. Kid is hilarious would definitely be a good character to have on the show!

5 Likes

Yeh second this. Would love to hear JJ or Nate for that matter.

Also matahi drollet would be cool to hear from.

5 Likes