Podcast Interview Recommendations

What about a zoom clinic with a group of learners of different levels, then have that be an episode. Good riders are great and all but I’ve already heard a fair bit about how some people get to spend a lot of time in the water. Have a bunch of people asking questions might be the most nuggety format.

1 Like

I think jimmy spithill foils enough that he has a deal with Armstrong either him and/or slingsby

Edo or Andrew G

1 Like

alex hayes

Alex was interviewed in episode #112:

1 Like

Ken Adgate!

5 Likes

Stumbled upon the Voyager Foiler podcast:

1 Like

Kyle Pemberton. KPfoils on Instagram. He is a commercial fishing captain by trade that studies the ocean while he is skippering then comes back to Half Moon Bay, California and as an Axis ambassador:

1. He is the face of the Bay Area Downwind Foiler group on Instagram having pioneered the majority of the good to great runs in the San Francisco Bay Area. By his estimate more than 150 miles of unique terrain from bay to coastal to river and serious open ocean (see picture below).
  2. He had been building his own downwind boards for 2 years having been frustrated with the cost, and delay of downwind equipment and now makes some of the lightest most high performance boards in existence.
  3. He has sponsored, or built boards for more than a dozen people in the bay area using his “shape shack” as a gathering area and staging ground to get people into downwind foiling. Literally dragging us by the hair.
  4. He invented the local “No Winder”. An offseason training ground we call the Princeton Jetty lap paddling out the HMB harbor entrance and riding the open ocean swells as they refract around Pillar Point in no-wind conditions.
  5. He foiled 45 miles from Davenport to Monterrey California across the Monterrey trench. Unsupported*, but with a radio, more than 15 miles from land at the center of the trench. *with Nick Weighall also on foil.

Agreed, he would be great. To bad AXIS isn’t allowed on the podcast :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He sounds like a cool cat. Has he been on any podcasts so far?

Also Malo G. (and/or his dad), Cash Berzolla, or

going to bump this comment. Malo and Cash went 1 2 at GWA. The lip slide that shook the world (or at least my WhatsApp chats)! the core crew can :poop: on winging all they want but these guys are pushing all areas of foiling as much as anyone else. I’m sure either of them would love the exposure.

1 Like

Caleb Pont, a great young local lad that’s been blowing up on socials lately.