Unifoil Hyper2 Tuning Talk

I’m after a used vyper 90 and 130 if there’s more going, based in Australia

So took your advice guys, moved mast back and shimmed tail 1 degree and ir was perfect, even in todays choppy conditions.

The nose was stable and not yawing around, which meant i hardly fell so thanks all.

Mike

3 Likes

As an update - I’m finding that I need at least 1.5 and sometimes 2 degrees shim on the h2 170 to keep it from dropping out at speed. The 190 works well with 1-1.5 degrees. Both are slammed forward, normal fuse, winging.

The Marlin doesn’t work very well with either of the hypers, but the Takuma 178 pairs well.

For reference I ride the progression 140 with no shim and it works very well with the Marlin.

The hypers work great with the shim but it’s just odd that this foil needs so much shim - feels like it should be built in (although I’m not totally sure it matters). I haven’t ridden anything else with more than 0.5 degrees and this is also further forward in the tracks vs anything else I’ve known. I can’t imagine people riding these without heavy shimming.

I realize shimming adds drag but if it were built into the angle or profile of the front wing that would also add drag, so I’m not totally sure it matters in the end. It’s a very good foil for winging, just needs some tuning to be tamed.

1 Like