Unifoil Hyper2 pics

https://www.instagram.com/p/CibXUdkJqAT/

Looks lekker :boom:

Is there polyhedral in the shape?
Is this the wing Erik worked on?

3 Likes

Their website says something new is coming in a week and also mentioned the Hyper2.

2 Likes

What your looking at is the new Hyoer 2 wings!

The wing that Erik is working on with Clifford is still in the prototype phase.

1 Like

Man, if they annouce a stiffer mast option I might have to switch over.

2 Likes

Literally yesterday. :slight_smile:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CieffM1v6p2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Unifoil looks compelling with all of the new products coming. I saw somewhere/something about them having three G10 tails options too. Unifoil is now my #1 choice for next quiver. Hope my current setup doesn’t break before I can get a Uni Hyper2 in the US. Now the question is which size(s).

btw, I’m mostly winging this time of year and holding off on pulling the trigger on Unifoil until the Hyper2 because it seems like the Vyper would be a bit slow as compared to current foils I’m using SAB/Moses W1000 and Axis ART 999. Even the ART feels a bit draggy.

Nice. How thick will they be?

New mast is amazing. Its all I’m riding.

3 Likes

Not the one we’re working on. The H2 is a bit faster with a higher stall speed and different glide, feel and roll. Feels like a better hyper.

2 Likes

View of the Unifoil Hyper 2 and Katana mast from AWSI here. Should link straight to the Unifoil section.

1 Like

This is PBFoil here. I work for Unifoil. No, the Hyper2 is not Erik’s wing. We chose not to show Erik’s wing at AWSI because it is still being finalised. Watch this space.

The Hyper2 is our updated HA wing. Clifford Coetzer and Unifoil were the first to market with a high aspect wing 5 years ago with the original Hyper so we thought it would be a good idea to update it for 2022. It is faster, and the combination of the dihedral wings and narrower tips enables it to roll more efficiently meaning it turns better yet still pumps forever.

It might not be the Unicorn that all the designers are searching for but its certainly an unconfirmed sighting.

2 Likes

Don’t underestimate the Vyper. If you check the review from Rob Gordon posted by Hdip you will see that he rated the Vyper170 as the best wing for Freestyle Winging at AWSI. The Hyper2 is definately faster but the Vyper is smoother, turns awesomely and handles breaches like a bomb.

2 Likes

How does it compare to the No Limitz masts?

I don’t do freestyle. I just want to luff out the wing and have as much time spent pseudo-surfing as possible. I assume some of the attributes that make for a good freestyle foil overlap with surfing but more thoughts below.

For me, when winging in average conditions (20 mph, 1-3 foot wind swell), I want a foil that has glide and can turn but glide is the most important thing. When the swell is larger (> 3 ft, either wind or ground swell) then the ability to turn is most important since there’s more energy and that can offset any reduction in glide.

My assumption is the Hyper2 is better for average winging conditions where glide (for me anyway) is most important whereas the Vyper 170 or even 130 is the choice larger wind or ground swell. Not sure where the Uni + Erik foil fits in but sound like it could be a combo of the two. Looking forward to trying out the the Uni foils given all of the options and updates.

The H2 and Eriks progression foil are both live on the Uni site now - includes full size ranges and dimensions.

Anybody ride Cedrus w the Uni adapter? Any issues? Are the H2 and Progression compatible with the previous generation mast (Cedrus adapter)? There is mention of the updated fuse connection, but its not clear to me whether fuse>mast is a new connection.

I think I’m going to have to try some of these new foils. I’m liking the more moderate span dimensions in particular. Wonder how the H2 and Progression compare for winging (coming from and loving the 1095, but hating the Takuma engineering).

2 Likes

Congrats @Erik looks super rad

4 Likes

Thanks Matt. Can’t wait for it to come out.

1 Like

Erik I recall you talking about testing for “variables”. All I heard was tubercles, so I’ve been, not wondering because the chances were so low, but slightly wondering if they’d have the first non-takuma tubercles. Am I right that you tested that variable, and what did you find if so?

2 Likes

Wow, props to unifoil for also rolling out one of the most useful product guides I’ve seen.

3 Likes