Armstrong Pump foil

1 Like

I wonder if it’s closer to PNG or ART Pro from the Axis line, from the impossible to stall line it sounds like PNG which is an interesting move as that is a pretty dated foil but I guess still relevant

Here is a video, seems like they used the crisp_og tail designer

1 Like

Spoken to chris, he said the design brief was a foil with very low stall speed, ease to pump basically designed for dock starting, flat water paddle-ups, and entry level down winding with an aim to keep it manoeuvrable for small wave surfing. He said there are design aspects from his 381 tail. I’ve had a go dock starting it and it is significantly easier than the 1850 with his 333 tail

1 Like

I tested one of the APF foils a few weeks back, the 1675 I believe, while prone surfing my 6’3” DW board in some small, yet kinda punchy surf. I was surprised by the foil as it sort of gets in this automated rhythmic groove where pumping is very easy. Regarding stall speed, at one point I pulled a u turn at the shoreline and thought for sure it was going to stall, but it kept going and I was able to grave dig from a literal stand still - on a giant 86L board. I’ve got one on order for learning flat water pop ups, beach starts, DW trainer, dock starts etc.

I would estimate the I was getting double the foiling time compared to the 1125 I was on just prior. I also didn’t have the mast position right at all.