Armstrong to Kijura and if it's worth pursuing

I’ve been on the Armstrong stuff for a few years now and wondering if I’ll enjoy a Kijura setup. Does anyone have experience with both? I’m mostly on my 1125 and 195 tail, but use both smaller and larger Armstrong stuff for tow & wing.

Pedigo video clips show him having so much fun on the Kijura 1210 & 1095.

I feel like I can get that kinda fun on the Armstrong with the 725, but have to be going a million miles an hour to do it. I want to see if I can get that kind of fun going a little slower, in smaller surf. The 1125 is awesome but the turns are really drawn out and I can’t do the thing I wanna do haha.

I would be going for it with a nolimitz mast as well.

1 Like

Buy a second hand 1250 armstrong, chop it 2 cm, and you will be the happiest man on earth

1 Like

I just purchased the 1210. Definitely not the fastest foil around but the slow stall speed makes it feel really consistent. Perfect for east coast surf ( New Jersey )

1 Like

Hi!! How much do you weight?
I’m 69-70kgs … And mostly surf foil the Cloud IX FS850, new wing integrated to half fuse and split fuse (like Unifoil - SPG) with interchangable tail wings sizes and positioning, just one fuse let you use stabilizer in 4 positions, so plenty of room to tune.
I’m very surprised with the balance of carving - low stall speed and HA level Gliding. This wings are 8.5AR, if you are a bit heavier maybe would like the FS1000.
New mast is stiffer too.
follow @paulcooperfoil in insta to get a glimpse on them, he’s a heavy pro rider.
I’m more of an average joe and here’s a ride on a good day in my home spot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChFsG3mlBr0/

Hope this helps.

I changed from Armstrong to Takuma (Kujira) a couple of seasons ago & never looked back.

1 Like

What armstrong stuff were you using? Prone, tow, wing? Can you explain your experience a bit? Thanks!

I was having a ball prone surfing the 1550 & was so excited to get the 1250…super dissapointed with the HS1250 and sold all my Armstrong gear to buy a full carbon Kujira 980. It’s hard to explain but for me the Kujira’s make everything easier and at the same time offer very high performance. Only negative I can think of is they get overpowered at high speed & this design is getting old in foil design years.

1 Like

Get the new Project Cedrus mast and fuselage combo.
Armstrong Fuselage with modular heads. Kyle will have Armstrong, Axis and Kujira to start.
No longer limited to going w one system or another.

2 Likes

ive only occasionally used armstrong stuff when towing with friends etc, really didnt like it. am on takuma gear, it has alot more lift than armstrong (probably why i didnt like it. would have gotten used to it after a few tries). takuma’s fiddly bits, screws, connections etc are crap compared to armstrong but if your willing to do a little DIY like shoring up the wing to fuse connection with a lick of epoxy and getting a 3rd party mast then you will love them. even though it has been a frustration with the things just mentioned, now that ive got a 3rd party mast and tight fittings, you cant beat them. its worth the effort. they have a new carbon mast that is apparently very stiff with a fuse that has a screw that spreads it from the inside to make it tight, which will fix those other problems. hope that helps mate.

1 Like

I picked up the Alchemy fuse and run both (cost is offset by not needing a Kujira fuse or mast). They both have their place and ride differently. I tend to ride the smaller HA Armstrong on bigger days and Kujiras on mellow days.

1 Like

Morning! Can you say more about chopped 1250? I loved the 1250 but moved on to ha925 )(love the pump, but makes for a kooky surf) and ma1000 (surfs well, pumps not so much). I am wondering if it is worth chopping my 1250 which I still occasionally ride in micro waves and just to change it up. Any wisdom is greatly appreciated.

1 Like