Axis Foil Reviews:

ART1099 Review:
Wow what a fun foil! After listening to the casey podcast I was interested in this foil for bumps/open ocean and even prone foiling tiny waves. Bought one and I’ve proned this wing a few times and winged it probably a dozen times in different conditions (including this morning).

Pump and glide: just fantastic. Glides on shin high bumps in the ocean. Pumping this wing is an amazing feeling, like cranking up gears on a roadbike and pushing hard faster and faster!

Turning: Bad compared to surf foils although once you figure out how to yaw it turns ok, like a longboard-version of a foil. Roll is slow because of the wingspan. I’ve only ridden it with an unshimmed KD13’’ tail.

Range: I’m a lightwind winging expert (wing 8knots almost every day in the summer on a 5m with 75L board and PNG1010) and this wing would not be able to fly in that. Needs too much board speed for take off. Lightwind you need to be able to pump up on foil with minimal board speed.
This wing is doable around 12knots of wind. Stall speed once your up isn’t bad at all though. Top-end is excellent, doesn’t get out of control and has great resistance to forward pitching, this was surprising to me.

Overall this is a great addition to a quiver. For prone it is a true small wave novelty, you can basically pump it for unlimited time and it’s a real pleasure to pump unlike most wings. I’m a big fan of turning in the pocket and truly surfing waves on a foil and this wing definitely can’t do that but it makes up for it with the novelty of unlimited flight, like a different sport entirely. For wing and downwinding this wing is a no-brainer, so fun and easy to cruise tiny bumps on.

10 Likes