New armstrong ha wings

Been watching Mr Bennett’s ripping on these for a while, he is on the 680ha, 60, 180s setup. He says its better than the silk on smaller swells where you have to do a little pump to connect the sections. Like inside sections of waves in Fiji where it becomes a small wave foil park. He says you get more speed from the ha vs the silk and that means more efficient to pump and it turns just as good. Kind of like going from the spitfire to the kujira, the extra 1-2 ar will mean more speed and efficiency which is great in smaller conditions. Overall he says its like the new ha is like best of both worlds with no downsides. Even with the inferior construction of armstrong he says that the flex is not noticeable in smaller waves. For large waves he is still on the 650 silk.

For me personally I just invested in a new setup with similar ha wing offerings and don’t really want to invest in armstrong which has an old fashioned connection system. I may wait and see which new ha wing that Adam is riding next year. As gear evolves pretty fast now

1 Like

Some of the new HA are already available here in the states. I’m definitely excited to get my 880, the 680 and smaller sizes won’t be available for another month or so. I’m also not convinced the Armie connection is inferior. Since the last discussion on this topic I’ve spent a few weeks now on another brand and I can say I far prefer the Armie connection to the lever in a socket type connection. I’m seeing a lot more rigidity in my Armie gear and I am way less concerned about dissimilar metal seizing my hardware, which I am already seeing as an issue in my other set up. I also feel like there is way less stress on the fasteners. At any rate, I’ve now got both Armie and another premium surf set up to compare back to back and I’m really excited to get on the new HA and see how they stack up.

3 Likes

What size have you mostly been riding. Keen to hear how the new 880 goes

I’m looking at ordering one of these wings in the hope of making it easier for me to connect. I’m 80kg + wetsuits up to 6/5, have had some 2/1 from time to time but far from consistent. Surfing low energy east coast waves. 2’@ 8” is fairly typical. Currently riding a k2 1250 as my daily driver, would be on the 1400 but I find it harder to finesse it over the ww, as I need to turn more intuitively, which the 1250 does. Anyway, looking for the ha size that will make is as easy as possible to pump, but still nimble and won’t throw me on takeoff. I’ve been told 880, but read of lighter folks proning the 1080. Any thoughts?

I am about 87kg and ride the 880 on a sup for surf so far up to head high in Florida and have had no problems. Fast and nimble.

1 Like

hey, I just saw this video with Latham and Billy. Latham is about 15lbs more than me at 205lbs. His go to prone is the 880 as he says in the video. But seeing him ride will give you an idea for yourself.

1 Like