New Takuma Foils?

Keep us posted on that

1 Like

English version. I’m surprised that they went for nearly identical to the V2.

I feel like it is a missed opportunity not to have deck pads that more explicitly address that rad stance :smiley:

1 Like

Looks like the AFS has the wing and fuse integrated, which is what I wanted to see, plus industry standard tails. 80cm mast is my sweet spot too. Can’t see getting a Takuma now. Just have to see if they can sort out US distribution.

2 Likes

AFS made some announcements about a US facility, perhaps you won’t struggle to get one

Though their English website looks to have had the dns hacked or something as it redirects to spam

Takuma has new 140 and 175 tails available (or at least new to me). Compatible with the v1 Kujira, which means 2 holes, bottom mounted. I have to imagine these would be fun to play with given how good the 158 and 178 are with a wide variety of setups… I believe the 140 is the tail intended for the Kujira 500, but I hadn’t seen it prior to this.

Odd that they are launching new products that are not compatible with their v2 setup.

Anybody ridden the 175? Is it basically the same as the 178, or is there a difference in foil section or something else going on?

I got my hands on the new AFS PURE 900 … complete fuse and front wing is just one piece, the construction, details, how thin the profile is thanks to the materials, and stiffness it’s next level.
Can only imagine the new AFS SILK will be what all the Kujira Lovers are expecting in foil construction.
The Ultra High Modulus carbon does makes a big difference, stiffness it’s really there without sacrificing thickness nor profile of the mast. I’m not sure if it’ll be available the UHM for the SILK line, and unfortunately it seems like the SILK line won’t be compatible to my UHM Pure Mast.
Only have good things to say about the construction of AFS … made in france by the way, I think that helps a lot by having a more controled quality check than chinese manufacturing.

Why would the SILK not be compatible with the PURE mast? … this seems like a big mistake…

I have not ridden the 175 but have compare visually to the 178… looks very similar but has slight curvature whereas the 178 is flat…

I’m just assuming by the photos published, reaching AFS about this.
Anyway, I’m so happy on how my PURE 900 surfs right now that not so into the whale hype at the moment :rofl:
But you’re right, I hope they are compatible, that would be the right move.

Hi @exiled

You can contact Matt Marfaing, he runs the USA Distribution for AFS.
matt@mmsailing.com
:call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

I feel the 175 is faster but does not pump quite as good to the 178 .
Turning / roll they are very similar.

wow, they look amazing

Just wake foiled the Pure 900 and it’s amazing. The ride is awesome then fit and finish is the cherry on top.
No joke need to sell my Kujira 980 now…

1 Like

The 900 is amazing :heart_eyes:
Did you test it with which mast!?

Performer, need to get the AFS UHM…