Opinions: F-one Jam 1900

Anyone that already have tried the F-one Jam 1900 for dock starting?
How does it perform?

I’m considering going over to F-one for prone and wing, and would like to have an extra front wing specific for pumping.

We played around with the 1900 trying to flat water paddle it up but we both suck so no joy. Then went about towing it up with a rope from the beach (waves were too big unfortunately). All I could gather was that the F-one alu mast is wholly inadequate for the beast. 64Kg Friend got the 1600 and was able to paddle it up with the HM 85cm mast but still found it a bit of a challenge to maintain directional control. Maybe an HM 75 would work or dedicated No Limitz V2 is required to wrasle those beasts around :joy:

Edit: Just watching from the beach, it was impressive the distance he traveled per pump when he did get it going.

I have seen a few used ones for sale already, not sure if that’s good or bad. I have seen it written about on the FB dock start group too. The only thing I remember was that it was significantly harder to dock start than the axis png1150 based on someone’s review. I would search that group also for more data points :call_me_hand:t3:

Interesting. I will go through the dock start fb group and see what they say about it there.

Here is a link to a guy paddling up a 1900 on what a appears to be an alu mast and making it look easy. I’m not sure what our issues were though we only put an hour into it…

1 Like

I’ve tested out Axis 1310, Sab Leviathan 1350 and settled on the Jam 1900.
For ref. I’m 95Kg and doing standing dockstarts, I ride F-One for Prone and winging.
I found the Leviathan the easiest for standing dock start, with a really low stall speed.
The Jam is very slightly harder to start witha slightly higher stall speed, but I love the gains in top end and I can surf it pretty well on waves up to waist high
(Obv. turns like a bus)
I found the Axis 1310 the hardest to get going without the top end gains, so I got rid of it.
I think the main reason people are selling their Jam’s is because F-One don’t make a suitable mast. I first tried my 85cm 14mm HM and it was way too flexy. Then tried the 75cm Alu, which was also too flexy. I decided to get an Axis 19mm 75cm mast with a Stringy adapter, and it absolutly transformed it!
I’ve heard rumours of a new thicker Alu F-One mast coming along.

2 Likes

Thanks for the comparison.
I starting to think F-one is the way to go for me then, just need to figure out which masts I need.

What mast are you using for prone/winging then?

I’m on 85cm 14mm hm. Defo not the stiffest set up but still very good and fast for front wings up to around 110cm span. Love it!

1 Like

Hi guys.
I’m looking at picking up a 1900 jam on the weekend, I’m thinking of using it mostly for light wind winging. have you tried it for winging or just dock starts? my question is do you think winging with it on an 850 alu mast would be a bad idea? I weigh in at 105kg.
I currently have a phantom 1680 and seven seas 1400.

Hey Davo,

I have winged with the 85cm alu mast and an eagle 1090 and it wasn’t good, mast felt like a noodle.
I suppose something similar will happen with the jam mounted on the alu mast.

Cheers

Sounds like something might snap or bend

hey guys, just thought i’d give you a update.
i bought the jam 1900 anyway because i found it at a good price. i can get up on foil in as little as 8 kts with my 6.5m wing. it handled like garbage with the 200 pumping stab on it. i tried it again today with the surf 275 and it was plain sailing, i was the only one out on the lake consistently up on foil :smiley:
hardly any wobble from the mast but it does respond a fair bit slower than the phantom 1780.
all in all i’m happy and it means i can get out on less windy days :smiley:

3 Likes